Switching from Aurelia CLI to Webpack

Posted on 2020-07-04 in Aurelia • Tagged with JavaScript, Aurelia, Webpack

Recently I decided to change the build system I use on my main Aurelia project. I changed in April 2016 from JSPM to Webpack (JSPM was really not awesome at the time, I can't say for now), again in August 2016 from Webpack to the CLI and now I am …

Continue reading

Resolving blank page problem of Aurelia app with webpack on Safari

Posted on 2016-06-03 in Aurelia • Tagged with aurelia, aurelia-i18n, i18n, Intl, Safari, Webpack

While asking users to test an Aurelia application, it appeared that it didn't work on Safari due to this error:

Error in Safari console: Unhandled rejection webpackContextResolve

It comes from the fact that Safari doesn't support the internationalization (window.Intl) API.

In order to solve it, I had to manually include the Intl.js polyfill. Since it …

Continue reading

How I switched an Aurelia application to webpack

Posted on 2016-04-24 in Aurelia • Tagged with aurelia, webpack

Note: I wrote this post when aurelia-webpack wast still in pre 1.0.0 release. As niieani pointed out in the comments part of it may be outdated and you way want to use aurelia-webpack with easy-webpack instead. The general ideas are still valid though.

First thing first: why would …

Continue reading